Coronavirus latest updates
Author: Parul Agarwal, 14.03.2020
Dear IWG members,
International Women’s Group of Warsaw has compiled a list of resources to help our community navigate the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
Social media is an enormous source of information but sometimes, false
information is also there, which creates fear and panic. For this reason, we are providing a list of sites to get official information provided by the government authorities, and also the sites in which information is provided by professional journalists.
COMMUNITY PROTECTION ANNOUNCEMENTS:
After the meeting of the crisis management team at the Chancellory of the Prime Minister yesterday, the polish government has announced an epidemiological emergency and the reintroduction of border controls for foreigners to stop the rate of infection growth that our neighbors registered. The points registered are:
From Sunday, March 15 the borders of Poland will be closed to foreigners for 10 days.
- Foreigners who work legally in Poland will be able to return after a 14 day quarantine.
- Polish citizens can return after Sunday only after staying in 14 days of quarantine facility at home or at a separate facility.
- Spouses & children of polish citizens, people with pole’s card, persons withpermanent or temporary residence card will still be able to enter the country.
- Temporary restoration of border controls for 10 days with the possibility of extension to 20 days and can be for another month.
From March 14, 2020 the further restrictions are applied. After 14 days,the Ministry of Health will examine the possibility of repealing the regulation if the situation improves;
- Limiting mass meetings to 50 people, state and religious nature. It applies to both indoor and outdoor meetings.
- Operations at shopping malls and restaurants and bars will be closed. Delivery services is possible.
- Only grocery stores, pharmacies, laundries and drugstores will operate.
- All banks, service outlets, ATM’s will be open. There will be no shortage of cash.
- International rail and air connections will be suspended starting Saturday to Sunday night (Both arrivals and departures).
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland has launched a hotline regarding the possibility of crossing borders. For information, please call +48225238880
The PM has appealed to everyone especially children and young people, to spend time at home in the coming days, weeks. The best way to protect yourself from virus is to frequently WASH HANDS with SOAP and water before preparing food, meals, after coughing, sneezing and using the bathrooms. Hands must be washed for a full 20-40 seconds using the technique. And then hands should be dried on disposable paper towels.
Useful website links:
Official Polish Government COVID -19 Information
World Health Organization
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Worldometer – real time world statistics
Note: If you open the link in Google Chrome it can automatically translate in your native language.
The above information is given to the best of our knowledge and ability, but please check the links to confirm.